Breast Lift Surgery (Mastopexy) in Smithtown, Long Island
Cosmetic Surgery for Perkier, Youthful Breasts in Suffolk county
As an experienced plastic surgeon, Dr. Lloyd Landsman has seen the life-changing effects breast lift surgery can have on women. Physically, the procedure restores an attractive breast shape and youthful appearance while psychologically, it can dramatically boost a woman’s self-confidence.
What Breast Lift Accomplishes
Breast lift addresses aesthetic breast-related issues stemming from genetics, pregnancy, weight fluctuations or the natural aging process. These concerns include the following:
- Sagging or deflated breasts due to excess, loose skin
- Shapeless breasts
- Asymmetrical breasts
- Stretched out, enlarged areolas
- Downward-pointing nipples that hang below the natural crease line
Because no two breast lift patients are the same, Dr. Landsman approaches each case meticulously. During your initial consultation, the trusted surgeon will conduct a full breast examination, paying close attention to the skin’s elasticity. He will also ask you to describe your aesthetic concerns and desired outcome. Depending on your preferences, he may recommend placing breast implants (either saline or silicone gel) during your lift procedure to create fuller breasts with more projection, superior fullness and more cleavage. In any case, you can trust that Dr. Landsman will design a treatment plan with your wants and needs in mind.
Breast Lift Procedure Details
To perform breast lift, Dr. Landsman will use one of three incision types, predetermined by you and the surgeon before your surgery:
- Donut-shaped incision. This incision is created around the outer perimeter of the areola. This is commonly used for women who have little breast tissue and do not need an extensive degree of lift. It is also used to shape the breast in cases with tubular breast deformity.
- Lollipop-shaped incision. This incision is made around the outer border of the areola and vertically down the front of the breast.
- Anchor-shaped incision. Also known as a keyhole incision, this incision is created around the areola and extends vertically down the breast and horizontally underneath the natural breast crease. This is best for women who need an extensive amount of lift, removal of excess skin and nipple relocation.
Breast lift is performed as an outpatient procedure, under general anesthesia. During the procedure, Dr. Landsman will remove excess, loose skin and tighten the remaining skin before positioning the breast mound higher on the chest wall. Liposuction techniques may be used to remove unwanted fatty deposits and create a more desirable breast shape particularly on the side fat pad or axillary fat pad when correcting downward-pointing nipples, Dr. Landsman will keep the nipple and areola attached to the underlying tissue in order to preserve nipple sensation and breastfeeding capability.
Schedule a Complimentary Breast Lift Consultation with Dr. Landsman
If you desire more youthful and beautiful breasts, Dr. Landsman invites you to schedule a breast lift consultation at his Smithtown practice. Upon evaluating your breasts, cosmetic needs and goals, Dr. Landsman will design a treatment plan tailored to achieve your desired outcome. To contact his main office, please call today.
Breast Lift Financing
Click here to learn more about financing your Breast Lift.